Contact our office for a confidential case analysis.
Hablamos Espanol

Estate Planning Attorney

Orlando Wills

A Will allows you to choose in advance how you want your property distributed by providing for specific individuals or charities. A Will is also use to name who you would want to be the guardian of your children should both parents pass away. A will designates who will receive personal property such as jewelry, heirlooms, household possessions, etc.

If you die without a Will, the Court will decide how to dispose of and disburse your property. A Judge may even decide who will be the guardian of your children. It actually costs more money and time for the court to determine the heirs of the estate.

Durable Power of Attorney in Florida

The document allows another person designated by you to act in your stead for those acts that have been specified in the Durable Power of Attorney such as completing financial transactions, selling car, renting your house out, etc. Depending on the powers entrusted, a Durable Power of Attorney may give others the ability to complete any legal act that the creator of the document could do. The Durable Power of Attorney can make life a lot easier for those around you when the unexpected happens.

Health Care Surrogate

A Health Care Surrogate document names another person as your representative to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to make them yourself.  You are able to list directions about the treatment you want or do not want. It is similar to a living will and is often times used in conjunction with a living will. the court and the person making decisions for you may or may not be aware of your wishes.

Living Will

A living will is a statement of an individual's wishes directing either the withholding or withdrawal of life prolonging procedures if the individual has a terminal condition, end-stage condition, or is in a persistent vegetative state. Any competent adult can make a Living Will. A Living Will is not to be confused with a Last Will and Testament. In the Living Will, the maker, names who he or she wants to delegate as his or her surrogate for the purpose of seeing that the provisions made are followed.

If you are seeking counsel for a will, contact the Orlando estate planning attorneys of Veliz Katz Law for a consultation.