Contact our office for a confidential case analysis.
Hablamos Espanol


Relocation of the residence of a parent is governed by Florida Statute 61.13001.

Relocation is defined as a change in the location of the principal residence of a parent or other person from his or her principal place of residence at the time of the last order establishing or modifying time-sharing, or at the time of filing the pending action to establish or modify time-sharing. The change of location must be at least 50 miles from that residence, and for at least 60 consecutive days not including a temporary absence from the principal residence for purposes of vacation, education, or the provision of health care for the child.

The parents or any other person entitled to time-sharing with the child may agree to the relocation of the child.  All parties must sign a written agreement stating they consent to the relocation.  The agreement must describe and outline the new time-sharing schedule, the arrangements for transporting and exchanging the child for visitation.

If an agreement is unable to be reached, the parent seeking to relocate must file a petition for relocation and serve it upon the other parent. Failure to do so, could result in losing custody of your child.  Before, you decide to move, speak to an experienced and knowledgable lawyer.

If you are seeking to relocate, contact the Orlando divorce law attorneys of Veliz Katz Law for a consultation.